Skye’s Private Entry #8 – AHH JUST FINISHED MY FIRST SCREENPLAY! :D
Skye here. Hope you enjoyed the latest episode of Clark Diaries. It was fun to make and I hope it was fun to watch.
But To Move Into Things That Are Very Important To Me
I just finished my first ever screen play just now AHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Screen writing is a very intense field. It’s very different from creative writing not only with a different set up, but it also has very important rules that MUST BE followed.
I repeat. Must Be Followed.
Here’s a few set of rules that must be followed.
- Font must be Courier, not to be confused with courier new. 12 point font.
- 3 and 1/2 inches down from top pages is the title in ALL CAPS
- Page 1 is 1 and 1/2 in from the left. 1 inch from the top. 1 inch from the right.
- Must start with FADE IN:, then skip a line, then the slug line (INT. SKYE’S DORM ROOM – NIGHT).
- Names are capitalized the first time they appear in action descriptions
- The character name appears 4.2 inches in ALL CAPS
- Dialogue is 3 inches underneath name, ends 2.5 inches from the right.
And that’s just to name a few. There’s also the rule that you need to press the space bar twice after each sentence. A habit I have now picked up and find myself doing randomly in Essays and Blog Posts!
It’s intense. For my Intro to Screenwriting class, we were assigned to write 90 pages of a screenplay by the end of the semester.
But I just finished writing the last page.
Man. What an accomplishment.
Thanks everyone for reading! Have a great week to come!