If Clark had a BuzzFeed article, it would be this.
16 Things you should do while you’re at Clark (Part 1)
1. Walk to class in the rain – In New England it rains. It even snows. You need to go to class, so this advice will be helpful.
2. Recycle – Just do it.
3. Try a new sport – You’ll probably meet amazing people and avoid the Freshman 15.
4. Become a fan of a sports team – School spirit, dude.
5. Sit on the green with your friends – It’s the best part about spring at Clark.
6. Use the common rooms effectively – yeah.
7. Take a photo of anything that says Clark – You’ll (probably) stop doing this after freshman year. If not, it’s ok, you went to Clark so you can do it for however long you like.
8. Study abroad – The experience will change you as a person and you get to see things that you’ve only seen in movies.
9. Plant a garden – It shows you have hope in the future. And you get to take your shoes off, which you like, because you go to Clark.
10. Jump in the leaves in the fall – Stress relief during midterms.
11. Explore the parks in Worcester – Don’t stay on campus all four years. There are so many unexpected beautiful places in Worcester.
12. Take a picture with the president of the university on Spree Day - I challenge you.
13. Become a PA (Peer Advisor) – You get to give back and help new and first year students become acclimated to college and tell them everything you wish you would have known. You’ll meet amazing people, too.
14. Volunteer at Reunion – You get to meet alumni who come back to the school and hear stories from when they were at Clark, and see what they did with their degree. Also network, you’re not going to get a job by sitting there.
15. Join Student Council – Learn about the inner workings of the university you attend and where the money you’re paying back for the next 20 years is being used. You also get to make some really important decisions and help the university become better as a whole.
16. Study… Because you’re in college and you’re going to need something to complain about over dinner with your friends.